Tuesday 14 June 2011

MTV Movie Awards 2011: Best Dressed!

The MTV Movie Awards took place on Sunday, 5th June and it was a star studded event! As always, my main focus was what the ladies in attendance were wearing and not so much who won what, although my beloved Leighton lost out 'Best Villain' to Tom Felton :-( . Moving on, I have a few favourite outfits that I'm going to include in this post but there weren't many of them to be honest, a few impressed me a lot but some were just down right horrendous. Lets begin then!





Emma Stone in Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 RTW:

Looking like a real life doll in Bottega Veneta, its not difficult to see why Emma was a favourite of mine! I'm in love with the colours of the dress, they are incredibly flattering on her and kind of different to what everybody else wore!


I think the lace over the corset and the big black bow wrapped around her waist add a doll like dimension to her look, its' very sweet and girly yet tough because the colours aren't the usual pink etc, I'm in love with it, top marks to Emma for this gorgeous dress!
Aside from the gorgeous dress, Emma paired her look with bronze Casadei pumps which complemented the dress and her hair really well.


And what do we have here, Miss. Stone has gone back to red which I'm so glad about because while I'm aware she's a natural blonde I feel that the blonde she previously had really washed her out whereas this shade of red brings so much warmth to her gorgeous face! I'm loving the sweet and simple hair, its not too showy yet elegant enough and the thick slick of eyeliner finish it off perfectly to enhance those baby blues, love it!




Kristen Stewart in Balmain Spring 2011 RTW:


A big surprise of the night was Kristen's amazing Balmain dress, the detail and colour is insane! I love that she picked a young and colourful dress with lots of fun detail, there are a lot of pins and studs on it, lets just say its very Balmain!


I'm glad Kristen wore such a bright colour because it looks fantastic on her, its just a refreshingly young dress on a young lady, I'm in love with it and I love how Kristen has worn it so casually, the dress does the talking while everything else is almost muted.
She paired her dress with Louboutin's Chiarra point toe pumps in black, overall one of the best dressed of the night!


Kristen looked as pretty as ever, her hair and make-up were very fresh and natural with a slight liner on her gorgeous green eyes and kept her skin very fresh. I'm loving her naturally tossed to the side hair, really low maintenance which is typical Kristen, I thought she looked beautiful.





Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011 RTW:



Rosie chose this lovely Dolce & Gabbana leopard print dress for the Awards and I must say she looks like a goddess! I'm loving how much the print actually suites her, its pretty difficult to pull of without looking tacky yet Rosie makes it look very high fashion, which lets face it, it is! She's also wearing Sergio Rossi Totem wedges and was carrying a Salvatore Ferregamo gold minaudiere which was gorgeous!


I've said it before and I'll say it again, with a face like Rosie's you really don't need make-up but our girl uses it anyway, her lovely hair was simply pinned back with some fly aways left to fall on her pretty face, I'm loving her hair colour as of late...its on the verge of being blonde yet remains a very light brown and of course she's obviously accentuated it with blonde highlights, it looked great!





Katie Cassidy in Malandrino Spring 2011 RTW:



The lovely Katie Cassidy was also in attendance because of presenting duties with L. Meester & Selena Gomez but I was extremely impressed by what Katie wore, she looks heavenly in this Malandrino dress! I think the knit gown looks surprisingly fresh on the red carpet because its such an underrated material, she looks fantastic and very statuesque, simple yet a definite stand out for me, I hope to see more of Katie on red carpets! She paired her dress with a Sergio Rossi compact clutch and plenty of Sandy Leong jewellery!


We all know Katie is a stunner and she most definitely proved it at this years Awards, her bronze eye make-up are perfect for her honey blonde hair which was in simple cascading waves, she definitely has a warmth to her face that suits with the blonde in her hair, she's gorgeous!





Blake Lively in Michael Kors Resort 2012:


As always I've left my two favourite ladies for last..save the best for last right? The amazing Blake wore a very figure hugging Michael Kors cut out dress which had the most amazing cobalt colour, the colour just popped against her tanned skin and blonde hair. I think she looks very sultry and put together, everybody was talking about this dress before pictures even surfaced and I was so anxious to see it! 
I think its a simple yet very striking dress which was sort of unusual for Blake because she tends to go for revealing and eye catching dresses but none the less, I do like it a lot and she's probably the first to wear the Resort 2012 collection! 


Doesn't she just look like a goddess? Ugh the dress fits her like a glove, its perfect yet a little sexy because of the cut-outs and figure hugging material! Blake of course paired her dress with Louboutin's, this time it was his Bibi platform pumps in purple and its not the first time Blake has paired a blue dress with purple heels (she did the same thing at this years Elle Awards) and she sure knows it works! 


As I'm sure most people know, I'm obsessed with Lorraine Schwartz jewellery as of late and because Blake wears her pieces non stop, I get my fix from her! For this event, Blake once again rocked the most gorgeous multi-coloured diamond bangles, the green, purple etc colours looked beautiful together and it certainly made her stand out even more! I'm in love with it...


After a month or so spent in the Europe its no wonder Blake has a deep tan! Plus her hair is gradually getting back to the blonde shade she is so famous for, finally, I've missed it! One of Blake's favourite hair styles is a sleek up do which she's been wearing a hell of a lot lately, it definitely works for Blake though because she has the bone structure to pull it off! Her make up was extra light, very natural on the eyes with the slightest hint of gold eye-shadow and mascara while everything else was kept very natural, she looks amazing as always!




Leighton Meester in Balmain Fall 2011:


My favourite person in the world aka Leighton Meester is of course my absolute favourite of the night, her gorgeous Balmain dress stole the show completely, I wasn't sure what to expect from Leighton but I certainly wasn't expecting Balmain, which is one of my favourite labels and one I've been dying to see Leighton wearing! I believe she's one of the first to wear a dress from the Fall 2011 collection and my God, doesn't she look amazing??


The beautiful dress was covered in embellishment, mirrors in particular, I think the detail and craftsmanship is insane. I love that she didn't go for something very in your face sexy or fitted because she wears this quite loose dress with such confidence and yet remains sexy as hell! She should definitely wear silver more often! 
I think the dress has an almost sci-fi feel to it, the silver looks like it could be a splattering of stars and other various things, lol. 

It's short yet with long sleeves which adds to its appeal for me, its definitely very Balmain, like I said before about Kristen's dress, you just know when a piece is Balmain and they're damn beautiful! 
Leigh paired her amazing dress with Pierre Hardy sandals which also had a lot of silver on them..she really went all out as far as combination goes! And she wore a ton of silver Bvlgari jewellery too...see what I mean, its a silver affair! 


The lovely shoes Leighton wore, no high platform or sky high heel but classy and probably very comfortable! 


I thought Leighton looked her absolute best on the night, she is perfect and I'm going to repeat it until I go blue! She was looking very tanned which is probably because she's been spending most of her time in LA this past month, she also had her gorgeous hair in a beautiful dip dye style colour. It was a dark brown at the top and gradually faded to a blonde at the ends although its pretty clear Leigh was wearing extensions for this appearance but I think they look fantastic and her hair is giving me serious envy!
Her make-up was my favourite of the night, Leigh hasn't done an intense smoky eye in ages and I was glad to see the heavy liner and shadow as it intensifies her already beautiful eyes even more, the are just hypnotizing. 
Leighton = perfection. I'm done here!






See ya next year bitches, I hope you liked my choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment