Monday 3 October 2011

New York Fashion Week: Spring 2012 Favourites

New York fashion week took place not so long ago and I thought the best way I could go about this is to pick my favourites looks from my favourite designers and so forth. New York Fashion Week for me is very cool chic, there's an aura of coolness and understatement from New York and its designers, everything is very effortless and that's what I love about it. I think they stick to the term RTW the most as a lot of the pieces really can be worn to go shopping etc. whereas the other cities have a lot more shock factor plus it has the classics such as Oscar de la Renta to provide us with Oscar worthy gowns!

I've picked my favourite NY designers and picked two looks from each of their shows which for me were stand out. I decided to go with two or so looks because I know it would be really difficult to pick 1 out of a possible 45 looks..two is slightly easier (although with a few designers I couldn't help but pick more!). Also, because of how many shows are shown within a matter of days I haven't gone through every single look book, I've only gone for designers who I have confidence in and those who I know will  have something worth talking about so no I haven't forgotten the rest I've just been really picky this time.

Here we go!



3.1 Phillip Lim: 




Alexander Wang: 





Badgley Mischka:





Calvin Klein:




Carolina Herrera:





Derek Lam:







 Diane von Furstenberg:



Donna Karan:





Hervé Léger:





Jason Wu:





Jenny Packham:






Jil Stuart:





L'wren Scott:





Marc Jacobs:






Marchesa:











Michael Kors:





Monique Lhuillier:




Oscar de la Renta:








Prabal Gurung:













Preen:






Proenza Schouler:




Ralph Lauren:









Reem Acra:






Rodarte:









Thakoon:






Vera Wang:








Victoria Beckham:





Zac Posen: 







No comments:

Post a Comment