Friday 21 January 2011

Golden Globes 2011: Best Dressed List/Standouts

Gosh I've been gone for ages, I miss this place lol!

Anyway! Award Season is in full after the Golden Globes on Sunday and I couldn't be happier, beautiful people with amazing dresses on the red carpet = perfection! I had quite a few favourites and I'm only going to post the dresses I actually liked,  (what's the point in wasting time with things I don't like?!)

Here we go!

P.S this is in no order but of course I'll make my absolute favourites known!!



  • Milla Jovovich in Armani Privé:


Looking every inch the Hollywood starlet Milla opted for high glamour in Armani Privé who was the preferred designer of the night!

Her hair and make-up were simple yet beautiful, besides she's naturally gorgeous she doesn't even need make-up and she has stunning eyes, I love staring at them lol!




  • Emma Stone in Calvin Klein Collection:


Emma's dress was probably the simplest dress on the red carpet last night and I didn't know she had even attended because all the fashion pages were too busy with the sparkly & sequined stuff and when I saw Emma I thought she looked gorgeous!! Ok so it's almost the simplest dress on Earth but remember this is Calvin Klein we're talking about, he's known for his simple yet elegant dresses..don't be expecting ruffles and sequins! The colour suits her a lot and yeah she's pretty tanned but so what?


I'm loving Emma's blonde hair, she pulls it off very well (I do know she's naturally blonde btw!) as it's a tricky blonde colour. Like most of the other starlets, her make-up was very natural, her hair & dress caught most of the attention! Loved it.





  • Olivia Wilde in Marchesa:

If I was her I'd be showing off those Louboutins too...damn her!

Looking gorgeous in this Marchesa creation, she sure was going for the ball gown type! Her straight hair goes well with the dress, not too fussy as it would've been overkill considering the dress is a showstopper!





  • Sandra Bullocks in Jenny Packham:

Looking stunning in Jenny Packham, Sandra's dress was very feminine and girlie which is a pleasant surprise from her! It looks beautiful!

I'm not too sure of Sandra's fringe, it seems a little stiff on her, as if she can barely see with it! She does look lovely though, nonetheless!




  • Mila Kunis in Vera Wang:
One of the 'Green Goddesses' of the night, she wore this beautiful dress by Vera Wang which looks great against her dark hair and skin. Definitely a memorable dress from the 2011 Golden Globes.

Looking as beautiful as ever Mila's hair was up with a slight quiff and her make-up was quite natural but when you're as gorgeous as her you don't even need make-up!







  • Scarlett Johansson in Elie Saab:


One of my favourites of the night...I can't get over how gorgeous that dress is and how good it looks on Scarlett, kudos to her! This beautiful creation is one of the many reasons I adore Elie Saab, he just knows how to make the most gorgeous, feminine and striking of dresses...I wish I could wear one of his designs one day!

Scarlett just looked like an angel in that dress and her hair & make-up only made that more obvious, in tune with her soft and feminine dress she kept everything else natural too with barely there make-up and softly done up hair.





  • Catherine Zeta-Jones in Monique Lhuillier: 

Another 'Green Goddess', this was one of my standout dresses of the night, the colour is just amazing and it looks fantastic on Catherine, I think deep greens or green in general looks better on dark brunettes and redheads rather that blonde's (not always just most of the time!). A definite triumph for Catherine, God does she ever not look good though?!

Ever the beauty she paired her gorgeous dress with a little green eyeshadow on her lower line and kept the top half slightly darker with false lashes and lots of liner, lovely!





  • January Jones in Versace:

Is anyone else not surprised that January is wearing Versace? Yeah..I didn't think so. Don't take it the wrong way though, I LOVE it! I love the red on red, it especially looks good on blonde's, January looks like a bombshell! She might be revealing a lot of skin but so what, she's sexy enough to do so.

January is a classic beauty in my eyes, her face is very unique and she can easily transform to a beautiful woman in the 40's/50's, I don't even watch Mad Men but she's definitely on my radar now! Her hair and make-up are perfection, probably my favourite of the night!




  •  Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace: 

Well wasn't this a surprise? Who would've thought Angelina Jolie would turn up in a sequined green dress, not me that's for sure! She's the last of my 'Green Goddesses' and of course I saved the best for last! The colour once again is very striking against her brunette tresses although I would've preferred a tighter fit and less emphasis on the shoulders for the dress as it makes her look a little heavy on top but other than that, it's gorgeous, a definite favourite!

Still the most beautiful woman alive, Angelina's hair and make-up don't disappoint! She had a soft smoky eye complete with false lashes and a peachy glossy lip, her hair was simply down with a few waves here and there but definitely not over styled. Ugh I just love her!




  • Christina Aguilera in Zuhair Murad:

And there was me expecting Christina in Versace! It's a lovely surprise though, her Zuhair Murad lace gown is gorgeous and she definitely stood out from the crowd. I definitely prefer Christina's Zuhair Murad choice rather than J-Lo's who's dress was a little on the weird side. 5/5 for Ms Aguilera!

Never one to leave home without her red lips Christina doesn't disappoint make-up wise, it's just a simple winged liner and not a lot of make-up on the face. I like her hair too, she should stick to this kind of length for now or tone down the bleach, I'd prefer to see her in a natural looking blonde colour than this heavily bleached one. Still, she looks lovely!





  • Anne Hathaway in Armani Privé:

One word to describe Anne? PERFECTION is that word! I nearly died when I saw this amazing/beautiful/stunning dress on her, she just looks like a million dollars! That amber tone dress is just heavenly and Anne's statuesque like body goes perfectly with it, I fell in love with this look from the moment I saw it!


And since she was all covered up in the front it's only right that her back gets some exposure. I can't get over this dream of a dress..I can't wait to see what Anne wears next!

Looking as beautiful as ever, Anne's make-up is fresh with a slight smoky eye and everything else is kept natural..she's just too gorgeous to even need make-up! Also I really love her hair, the highlites give her something different to work with and suit her a hell of a lot!
I think Anne's dress was my favourite along with the next attendee...




  • Leighton Meester in Burberry Prorsum:

Lat but not least we have my love, Leighton Meester! She was the attendee I was most excited about and she didn't disappoint! She wore this gorgeous nude dress from the Pre-Fall 2011 Collection by Burberry Prorsum, I was quite surprised she wore them but wow she looked beautiful!

Doesn't she just look heavenly? She certainly knows how to accessorise her dress, she's wearing Cathy Waterman jewels, a Louis Vuitton clutch and stunning Jimmy Choos'! She and Anne were the best dress of the night for me, the nude dresses won me over!

I can never get over how beautiful Leighton is and her appearance at the Golden Globes only proved me right! Her hair was softly up a little at the back without risking the 'over done' look which some others had..then again Leighton is never one to over do it with her hair or make-up! Her make up was gorgeous, I love it when she does a smoky eye as it enhances her amazing brown eyes, her lip was a matte peachy colour and overall her make-up was a favourite of mine.
I just love her even more after this!





So that's it you guys, those were my standouts from this years Golden Globes. I'm happy with my choices and I can't wait for the SAG Awards now and the Grammy, recording artists always have the craziest outfits! And of course the Academy Awards are what everyone waits for but those a little over a month away so..roll the next few ones!


Top 4 Looks:

1) Leighton Meester - Burberry Prorsum
2) Anne Hathaway - Armani Privé
3) Scarlett Johansson - Elie Saab
4) January Jones - Versace

No comments:

Post a Comment