Friday 7 January 2011

Chanel Girl: Blake Lively

As I'm sure everyone has heard by now, Blake Lively is the new face of Chanel's 'Mademoiselle' handbag line.
It can't come as too much of  a surprise since she was seen at their Couture Show in Paris last summer and in countless of their dresses! While I don't think Blake is the right choice, she's just not Chanel enough for me, she does however look fantastic in their dresses and that is clearly important, I just wish Karl had picked someone more classically beautiful but none the less, I'm happy for her!


Here are the Chanel dresses Blake has been pictured in:



Blake at the Chanel Haute Couture 2010 Show:


Looking summery and gorgeous in this flowy dress from the labels Cruise Collection paired with pale pink Louboutins. Some critics said it was a little 'beach wear' like for a Couture show but I think she looked lovely and besides it was a damn hot Parisian summer!





Blake at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards:


This pretty dress is from the labels S/S 2011 collection which was showcased in Paris not too long ago. I'm not fond of Blake's shoes or bra of choice lol, she should've known that a white bra would show up when cameras are being flashed..it kinda ruined the whole look which is a shame because it had potential! Her hair and make-up was nice though, it's just her way of wearing the dress ruined the beauty of it.





Blake at the screening of  'Twelve':


Another dress from Chanel's Cruise collection and this time she was at Chace Crawford's movie screening. I think she looks amazing, that body of hers and those legs were made for dresses like these...she looks astonishing! The corkscrew Louboutins work fantastically with that gorgeous dress and she's not too made-up to take the attention away from it. Love it.




Blake at the re-opening of Chanel's Soho Boutique:


This unusual but eye catching dress was from Chanel's Haute Couture Collection in 2010. A lot of people weren't too fond of it but I like that it was different and that Blake had slightly stepped away from the leggy dresses for something more quirky and unusual! And besides if I had the opportunity to wear Couture Chanel, I wouldn't turn down the offer! Oh and once again she's paired her Chanel dress with Louboutins, it's become a habit of hers lately.



And now for my absolute favourite 2010 dress of Blake's...


Blake at the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of 'The Town':



Looking like a million dollars in Chanel Haute Couture, this is by far Blake's best look of 2010! The dress is just drop dead gorgeous, one of the most beautiful I've seen in a while and the red is extremely flattering for a champagne blonde like Blake! I actually can't get over how beautiful she looks in that dress, it's unreal, she should wear red more often! 10000/10!


The stunning red Louboutins is what she paired her dress with, it was basically red on red on red and it worked wonders! I wouldn't mind a pair.. ;)

And now to her make up, yepp you guessed it, she had red lips! The eye make-up goes perfectly with the red lip which goes amazingly with the red dress and red shoes...it's a red affair! She looks beautiful and her hair is giving me serious envy although I must say I've gotten my own hair to look almost exactly like Blake's, colour-wise.





And those are Blake's Chanel pieces of 2010, I'm sure there are many to come this year as she is the new Chanel girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment