Saturday 30 July 2011

BAFTA ''Brits To Watch Gala'': Favourite Looks.

Hello people! I haven't posted in a while because I didn't think there was anything worth posting but I saw pictures of the BAFTA ''Brits To Watch Gala'' event which took place on July 10th and seeing as my girl Blake Lively was in attendance, I immediately felt like blogging!
As I'm sure everybody knows, The Duke & Duchess of Cambrigde aka William and Kate were in California over that weekend and I believe the event was in their honor because William was made president of the BAFTA awards! Here are some of my favourites from that night...




Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in Alexander McQueen:

If there's one thing about me that everybody knows, its that I adore Catherine, like literally love her! I didn't like her very much in the beginning but the anticipation of her wedding just made me fall in love with her! She's so graceful and elegant and perfect, William and Catherine (I love calling her that) are such fantastic representatives of our country!
 As you can see here, she wore a Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen design (obv) and looked absolutely magical!

I love that Kate didn't go over the top, the shade of the dress is lovely and it creates a lovely silhouette without going over board! Her hair and make-up looked beautiful as always, so fresh and understated yet powerful enough to make a statement!
P.S. Kate wore Jimmy Choo's...finally,I was getting sick of seeing her in LK Bennett but the girl changed it up, and they had a 5 inch heel, go Kate!  




Jennifer Lopez in Emilio Pucci A/W 2011:

The amazing J-LO was in attendance and wore this beautiful forest green Emilio Pucci dress. I'm in love with the colour, she's worn this kind of shade before and she's always looked fantastic, I'm also loving the two different shades of green - that embellished green is beautiful and the highlight of the dress for me!


The dress fits her like a glove and shows off her enviable curves to the maximum - she has such a beautiful and womanly shape! 
I actually cannot get over that embellished right arm...look at the colour and the detail, its insane and the main reason as to why I'm so obsessed with this dress, lol. 

I had to add this picture because she looks so gorgeous in it, plus we can see the dress in a different angle and see the detail a little closer! And of course, her famous derrière is another reason as to why I added it... ;)





Blake Lively in Marchesa S/S 2011:


My darling Blake was also in attendance and she showed up in this angelic and very embellished Marchesa gown looking absolutely stunning! Personally I think the dress is beautiful even some others weren't too complementary, I think the colour suits her and the embellishment around the ends, sleeve and chest is gorgeous, very nicely done and adds something special to the gown. 


I also like that she chose something quite off white because although it looks white its not quite, its been very lightly dip dyed towards the end where it meets the embellishment which is grey of course, she colour coordinated really well! Her shoes are amazing, they're Christian Louboutins for Marchesa from the Fall/Winter 2011 RTW collection, beautiful and delicate detail plus it has a really good heel! I love this whole look on Blake, its a different direction to her usual short dress combo (which I kinda miss to be honest)! 


Blake's hair & make-up on the night was also one of my favourites, she kept the make-up fresh looking with gold eye-shadow, plenty of mascara, flawless skin and peachy lip! Her hair was also a talking point, all the Blake obsessives will have noticed that she's quite a bit blonder than when we last saw her - she seems to have added a lot more highlights which eventually lightened up her hair a whole lot! I wasn't too sure of the hair in the beginning because I thought it looked a little yellow for her complexion but I've grown to like it!! 
Also, she's wearing Lorraine Schwartz diamond flower earrings as always, she looked stunning! 





See ya later! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment